Add Value to Your Workplace with Group Life Insurance
Good benefits can help you attract and retain great workers. Adding group life insurance to your
employees’ benefits package can be economical and easy. Whether you have two employees or 200,
we can help design a life insurance program for your business.
Erie Family Life* offers two insurance plans for the workplace:
- Group Term Life
Group Term Life
Group Term Life is life insurance protection with premiums paid by the employer as a benefit
for workers. It is designed to cover all employees in a plan with premiums typically paid
100 percent by the employer. This is an annually renewable term policy providing a guaranteed
- Basic Coverage – $10,000 to $500,000 per employee. The maximum coverage amount is
dependent on the number of employees within a group. Three different insurance schedules are
available: flat amount of coverage, coverage amount varying by work classification, and coverage
as a multiple of your employees’ salaries.
- Supplemental Coverage – An additional amount of insurance in excess of basic coverage
that is paid by the employee. Basic and supplemental coverage are subject to maximum limits.
- Waiver of Premium – This benefit is automatically included for ages 18 to 59. The Waiver
of Premium benefit continues the insurance protection through age 65 with no further premium
payments should a covered employee become totally disabled for more than nine months prior to
- Conversion – Upon termination of employment, a covered employee may convert all or part
of his or her insurance coverage without evidence of insurability to any policy offered by Erie
Family Life for group conversion.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (optional) – If the benefit is included on your group
contract and an insured employee dies as the result of an accident, Erie Family Life will pay an
additional amount equal to the life insurance benefit. In the event the employee loses a hand,
foot or sight in one eye, Erie Family Life will pay an amount equal to one-half the life
insurance benefit for a single loss or the full benefit for any combination of multiple losses.
- Dependent Coverage (optional) – If dependent coverage is included in the group life
contract, covered employees can elect coverage for their spouses and eligible dependent
LifeworksSM, Erie Family Life’s voluntary payroll deduction program, may be offered in
conjunction with our group term life insurance plans at no cost to you. As the employer,
you simply agree to let us meet with each employee and process the scheduled deductions from
- Types of Coverage – Both whole life and 15 convertible term insurance plans are
- Amount of Coverage – $5,000 to $150,000 depending on the plan and age of the insured.
- Dependent Coverage Available – Full-time employees may purchase additional life insurance for their spouses and eligible dependent children and have the premiums conveniently deducted from their paychecks.
- Waiver of Premium – This benefit is automatically included at issue ages 15 to 55.
- Portable Coverage – These plans are individually owned by the employees. If they leave
employment, they can continue with their life insurance coverage.
We can help design a life insurance program for your business.
Contact us today.
*Erie Family Life products are not available in New York.